Candidate Statement to the Residents of Stanislaus County
As your current Assessor, I bring over 27 years of experience in the Assessor's office. I began my career in 1986 as a residential appraiser. I advanced steadily, serving as Supervising-Appraiser of the Commercial-Industrial division and as Assistant Assessor of Valuation in charge of all valuation divisions. I was appointed by the Board of Supervisors as Assessor in October of 2013. My management and appraisal experience includes:
- Assessor - Current
- Member, California Assessor's Association
- Assistant Assessor of Valuation December 2011 to October 2013
- Supervisor of the Commercial-Industrial Division 2003 to 2011
- Budget development, oversight, analysis and resource allocation
- Advanced Certificate of Appraisal from the State Board of Equalization
- Thorough knowledge of appraisal theory and approaches to value
- Advanced income analysis of large commercial and industrial properties
- Personnel selection, development, management and review
- Presentations before the Assessment Appeals Board
- Thorough knowledge of significant court rulings, laws, rules and advisories affecting assessment of property
You should be proud that the Stanislaus County Assessor's office has been a leader among California counties in proactively addressing the monumental changes that have occurred in the real estate market over the past seven years. Our pro-active team approach and use of cost effective technology has also made the Stanislaus County Assessor's office a statewide leader in cost efficiency. Our staff also has a long tradition of prompt, professional and courteous customer service.
As your current Assessor, working daily to provide the professional services you expect, and as a candidate, I am committed to:
- Fair, impartial and timely assessments
- Continued high standards of integrity, teamwork, and customer service
- Efficiency through Implementation of cost effective technologies
My proven experience, knowledge and professionalism allows me to effectively lead a professional and innovative Assessor's office staff as we continue to provide efficient, timely and customer focused assessment services to the taxpayers of Stanislaus County.
This proven hands-on assessment and management experience is why former Assessors David E. Cogdill, Sr. MAI, Doug Harms and Mike DeFerrari have endorsed my candidacy. Combined, they possess over 100 years of leadership in both fee appraisal work and in the assessment of property for taxation. I am proud to have their confidence.
In October of 2013 the Board of Supervisors showed their unanimous confidence in me by appointing me as Assessor of Stanislaus County to complete the remainder of the term expiring at the end of 2014. I am asking the voters of Stanislaus County to show that same confidence by voting to retain me as Assessor in the June 3, 2014 primary election.